In the spring of 2008, a group of healthcare and business professionals who shared profound personal experiences of the life-enhancing benefits of essential oils came together with a common vision of bringing a new standard of therapeutic-grade essential oils to the world. They wanted something different that would appeal to all people, from those who knew nothing of essential oils to those who were considered the experts in the field.
They asked themselves some defining questions—"What if we could provide the world with a new and powerful wellness alternative?" "What if we could provide this new level of wellness through a mainstream approach to essential oils?" "What if we could source, test, and manufacture a higher quality of essential oil more pure and more potent than any other oil available on the market today?" "What if we, in a most professional manner, could partner with major hospitals, doctors, scientists, and opinion leaders to provide the most compelling authentication of essential oils on the planet?"
They concluded that, with the hard work and commitment of others with a similar passion and vision, they could and would create a new paradigm for
essential oils. With that conviction, they organized a company and named it dōTERRA, a Latin derivative meaning "Gift of the Earth." dōTERRA's first offering of 25 single oils and 10 oil blends were introduced for sale on April 25, 2008 to the acclaim of essential oil experts and product enthusiasts who immediately recognized the superior quality of dōTERRA's therapeutic-grade essential oils at first experience.
dōTERRA has continued to add wellness products and to expand their essential oils offering as the company has enjoyed tremendous growth since its beginning.
WE AT dōTERRA ARE COMMITTED TO SHARING THE LIFE-ENHANCING BENEFITS OF THERAPEUTIC-GRADE ESS ENTIAL OILS WITH THE WORLD. WE WILL DO THIS BY:
• Discovering and developing the world’s highest-quality therapeutic-grade essential oil products through a leveraged network of highly-educated and experienced botanists, chemists, health scientists, and healthcare professionals
• Producing our essential oil products to the highest standard of quality, purity, and safety used in the industry—CPTG Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade
• Distributing our products through Independent Product Consultants who, working from home, introduce, educate, and sell dōTERRA wellness products locally through person-to-person contact and globally through personalized web shopping sites
• Providing educational opportunities for all people interested in learning how therapeutic-grade essential oils can be used as a self-care wellness alternative
• Bringing together healthcare professionals of traditional and alternative medicine to encourage further study and application of therapeutic-grade essential oils in modern healthcare practices